Pasadena Texas Dental Implant Dentist:
Conebeam 3-D scans and Dental Implants:
Utilizing a Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) scan with every dental implant surgery is not the norm. However, at Dr. Nugent’s dental implant practice it is a routine occurrence. Dr. Nugent feels that implant surgery should never be performed without a CBCT scan as it offers the only true three dimension representation the jaw. Panoramic X-rays are only two dimensional and have unpredictable distortion. CBCT Scans are essential part of a safe and successful dental implant surgery in Dr. Nugent’s opinion. That is why Dr. Nugent part of a small percentage of General Dentist across the country that has a CBCT machine. Better technology to ensure better surgical outcomes.
The most vital requirement for dental implants is the presence of adequate amount of bone. Many patients believe that they can’t receive a dental implant because they were once told that they don’t have enough bone. With modern technology in bone grafting techniques it is common to be able to place an implant in areas where there is minimal bone levels. There are new current methods of bone grafting to increase the height and width of bone.
ADVANTAGES OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
Aside from the obvious oral health benefits, implants provide a slew of other benefits. Dental implants offer these advantages:
- Dental implants are tough and long-lasting. With proper maintenance, they can last a lifetime and become a permanent part of your oral anatomy.
- Aesthetic Improvements: Restored dental implants can look and feel just like natural teeth. For a dazzling, lifelike appearance, modern restorative materials can be color-matched to mix with your smile.
- Increased Confidence: If you are lacking teeth, you may cover your mouth when you laugh or smile. Dental implants fill in the gaps for a more attractive appearance and a significant boost in self-esteem.
- Speech Improvement: Traditional removable dentures might slip, resulting in slurred and confused speech. Dental implants work similarly to real teeth, allowing you to speak with confidence.
- Optimal Function: You will have no food limitations while eating with a dental implant. You are free to continue eating the items you enjoy.
- Dental implants, unlike natural teeth, are not prone to tooth decay. However, brushing and flossing are essential for avoiding gingivitis and gum disease.
- Predictability: When placed by Dr. Nugent, dental implants are predictable and dependable. Implants have an extraordinarily high success rate when compared to alternative replacement methods.
- Healthy Teeth Preservation: When you get a typical dental bridge, your neighboring teeth must be adjusted to support the replacement. Because implant insertion does not alter healthy tooth structure, your healthy teeth are not affected by dental implants.
CAN BONE BE PRESERVED BY DENTAL IMPLANTS?
This is one of the most crucial aspects of dental implants. Everyday functional pressures (eating, smiling, and talking) stimulate the surrounding bone, which responds by becoming stronger and more dense. Dental implants are the ONLY tooth replacement option the will preserve and stimulate bone.
Dr. Nugent is a Family Dentist that is located at 3421 Burke Rd Ste A, Pasadena Texas. His office focuses on Cosmetic, Family, Implant and Sedation Dentistry. Dr. Nugent is a leader in dental implant technology and surgery. He has completed dental implants on his parents, in-laws, friends, and team members. Get the same level of dental care as Dr. Nugent performs on his family and friends. Get dental implants to replace your missing teeth. Dental implants are the Gold Standard when replacing missing teeth. Call us at 713-941-8261 to schedule your dental implant consultation.
Get the best for you and your family. Get dental implants! Don’t settle for old fashioned tooth replacement options.