Deer Park Texas Sedation Dentist:
Dr. Nugent sees patients from Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte, Friendswood, League City and Clear Lake. Each patient has unique dental needs and reasons for sedation dentistry. Dr. Nugent and his experienced dental team offer various dental sedation options to manage your relaxation.
1. Nitrous oxide (laughing gas), will relax you during your dental procedures. You will be awake and responsive. The nitrous oxide is delivered through a facemask. This is our most popular sedation technique because at the end of the sedation Dr. Nugent will “flush” out the nitrous oxide with pure oxygen. This clear the nitrous oxide gas from your system and you are no longer sedated. You are free to drive home and have no restrictions.
2. Oral conscious sedation is a wonderful option for patients who have intense dental anxiety and dental fear. Also, oral conscious sedation is great for patients who want to be comfortable and get all the dental needs taken care of at one time. Dr. Nugent will prescribe an anti-anxiety sedative drug that will be taken at Dr. Nugent’s office. When the oral sedation starts to take place Dr. Nugent will place you on nitrous oxide. Although must patients report they were “sleeping” or in a “dream like state” you will be conscious and able to communicate with Dr. Nugent. Someone will have to drive you home. Once you get home you will still be a little sleepy and will want to rest.
If you suffer from dental anxiety, have had negative experiences at the dental office in the past or feel nervous about your treatment, Dr. Nugent may recommend sedation dentistry to help you feel at ease in our office. This will allow you to receive the treatment you need. Sedation dentistry may also be recommended if you have difficulty getting numb or have a sensitive gag reflex.
Sedation dentistry involves using a sedative medication to help you feel relaxed, calm and comfortable. There are several types of sedation available, ranging from mild forms of sedation that simply help you feel relaxed to deeper forms of sedation which put you to sleep for the duration of your treatment. Prior to providing you with dental sedation, Dr. Nugent will meet with you to discuss your options. We will review your oral health needs, medical history and treatment options with you. We will also discuss your level of comfort in the dental office. This will help us determine which form of sedation will provide you with the best results.
Regardless of which type of sedation you receive, Dr. Nugent and team will monitor you closely during your visit to ensure that you are safe and comfortable. We may also provide you with instructions on how to prepare to receive sedation or what you should do after an appointment where you received sedation dentistry. For example, some forms of sedation dentistry require you to have someone available to drive you to and from your appointment.
Call Dr. Nugent today to discuss your sedation dentistry needs. Dr. Nugent has advanced special training in sedation dentistry and holds special sedation permits from the State of Texas. Visit us at 3421 Burke Rd Ste A, Pasadena, Texas 77504.
Our Pasadena, Texas dental offices recognizes that visiting the dentist can be stressful for some of our patients. Please let us know if you are nervous about your dental visit! We want you to be as comfortable as possible throughout your dental treatment, thus we are delighted to offer our patients the option of sedation dentistry, which is comfortable, safe, and effective. Patients who benefit from sedation dentistry have the following characteristics:
- Anxiety about going to the dentist
- Having difficulty sitting motionless for long periods of time
- Concerns regarding certain dental procedures
- Fear of needles
WHAT EXACTLY IS SEDATION DENTISTRY?
Sedation dentistry enables Dr. Nugent to administer a number of dental treatments to individuals who are anxious about going to the dentist in a safe and comfortable manner. Sedation dentistry has various advantages, including:
- Less anxiety or dread during therapy
- More convenience during dental operations
- A more tranquil dental experience
- Patients who have had sedation dentistry will tell you that it is a straightforward and relaxing way to experience dental.
Nitrous oxide, sometimes known as laughing gas, is the most commonly utilized approach for relieving mild to moderate anxiety. It is an efficient technique to soothe anxiety, improve your pain tolerance, and even make time seem to pass faster than usual when administered using a tiny mask that fits over your nose. After your session, you will begin breathing regular oxygen, and all of the effects of nitrous oxide will have worn off, allowing you to resume your normal activities immediately.
Anxiolysis is a minor form of sedation dentistry that is frequently used for individuals who are anxious about longer treatments or more difficult scenarios. With moderate sedation, which is usually delivered orally, you stay awake or very sleepy throughout the treatment and are able to breathe on your own, but you will have a profound sensation of calm. Patients usually recover from anxiolysis sedation within a few hours of the surgery.
Understanding the various options for relieving anxiety and discomfort can be really beneficial. Please call our office at 713-941-8261 to schedule a consultation, learn more about sedation dentistry, and determine which technique of sedation dentistry is best for you.