Sedation Dentistry Deer Park:
Don’t let fear and anxiety hinder you from achieving a beautiful, healthy smile. For people who prefer to avoid the dentist, Dr. Michael Nugent utilizes Sedation Dentistry as a way to escape your dental fear and anxiety. Dr. Nugent can provide a calming, restful and easy way for you to receive the dental care you need through sedation dentistry.
Sedation dentistry, also called sleep dentistry, is the perfect way for Dr. Nugent to relax and calm you during your dental appointment. The ideal candidate for sedation dentistry is anyone who has stress, fear, and anxiety about visiting the dentist. If you have procrastinated making a dentist appointment because of dental phobias and want to get treatment completed in one day then sedation dentistry is right for you.
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
- You can receive the dental care you need while fully relaxed and stress free
- Dental procedures that take hours will feel like only a few minutes
- Patients often report that they “slept” right through the dental procedure
- Get all your dentistry done in one appointment
- Easy and safe
Types of Sedation Dentistry
Nitrous Oxide/Laughing Gas
This is the most common sedation practice, and has been used by dentists for over a hundred years. Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas) is awesome for mild to moderate anxiety and has a rapid onset. It can be used for any appointment length and can be altered quickly if more sedation is needed. Furthermore, one the dental procedure is over you breath in pure Oxygen and flush the Nitrous Oxide our of your lungs. You will be alert and able to drive yourself after the dental appointment.
This dental sedation starts with you taking pills at Dr. Nugent’s office. The pills take about 45 to 60 minutes to start working. You will breathe on your own and patients usually feel like they are sleeping. There is often no memory of the procedure. Oral Dental Sedation can be used in combination with Nitrous Oxide. For patients utilizing oral sedation they will have to have someone drive them home.
Sedation Dentistry Facts
- Sedation dentistry is extremely safe.
- The oral sedation pills are prescribed by the millions by MDs for their patients to be used unmonitored
- You will be constantly monitored and a machine will be used to take your blood pressure, pulse and oxygen blood saturation
- You can feel relaxed for hours after the sedation, depending on which is used
- People who have difficulty going numb will not have any issues with sedation dentistry
Contact our Pasadena, Texas Dental Office today to learn more about our sedation options and how to escape your dental fears. Call us at 713-941-8261. Visit us at 3421 Burke Rd Ste A, Pasadena, Texas 77504.