Pasadena, Deer Park Dental Implants:
Dental implants can provide replacements for missing teeth. They will look, function and feel like natural teeth. Dental implants are made of titanium cylinder that is placed into the jawbone. There the bone bonds with the bone locking the implant into the jaw. Dental implants are the longest lasting and most advanced way to replace missing teeth.
The dental implant itself replaces the root of the tooth. Next the abutment screws into the implant and will serve as the foundation for the beautiful porcelain crown.
There are many advantages to dental implants, including:
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth.
- Easier eating. Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Improved comfort. Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Improved oral health. Dental implants don’t require irreversible damage of other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health.
- Improved speech. With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within your mouth, causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Convenience. Removable dentures are just that; removable. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
- Durability. Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
Dental implants are gold standard when replacing teeth. When healthy teeth have to be prepared for bridges, healthy tooth structure needs to be cut away. The natural tooth are irreversibly damaged.
Dental implants can also be used to replace many missing teeth. This is accomplished by using a dental implant bridge. The main advantage of a dental implant bridge is that multiple teeth can be replaced permanently with fewer dental implants.
Dental Implant Dentures
Poor-fitting dentures can interfere with proper nutrition and quality of life. Furthermore, loose dentures rub the gum tissue causing painful ulcers and can come out while laughing, eating, talking or sneezing. The standard of care is to utilize dental implants to secure dentures. The dentures “snap” onto the dentures causing a solid and secure connection.
Dental implant dentures provide outstanding stability while eating and speaking, functioning just like natural teeth. Unlike traditional dentures, they rarely require adjustment because dental implants prevent the changes in the jaw that occur following tooth loss. Implant dentures are anchored directly to the jaw bone, just like natural teeth. This means that you can stop having to eat only soft foods, and start enjoying any foods you like. Rare steak, corn on the cob, and other chewy, tough, or crunchy foods are easy to enjoy when your dentures are secured to dental implants. Eat the foods you love. Furthermore, this stability also makes it possible to talk and laugh with confidence. No more worrying if your dentures are going to shift or fall out causing huge embarrassment. Old fashioned dentures can often shift out of place, making it difficult to speak clearly. Implant dentures stay firmly in place, allowing you to chat with friends, deliver a speech, or just speak on the phone without having to struggle with a loose restoration.
Implant Dentures Prevent Bone Atrophy
The most important health benefit of implant dentures is the stimulation they provide to the jawbone. When tooth roots are missing, the jawbone will shrink unless an alternative form of stimulation is provided. Dental implants halt bone atrophy, helping your jaw to maintain its shape and strength. Old Fashioned dentures require regular adjustment to accommodate changes in the jaw. In fact, old fashioned dentures accelerate bone loss by rubbing on the gum tissue. With implant dentures, you may never need an adjustment, saving you both time and money over the years.
Secure Dental Implant Dentures:
Dental implants offer a way to keep dentures in place so you can go about your daily life with confidence. The stability of dental implant dentures offer you the following amazing benefits:
- Improves speech and confidence
- Decreases irritation of gum tissue
- Restores proper chewing improving digestion and nutritional absorption
- Eliminates the need for denture adhesives and their accompanying cost
- Implants stimulate and preserve bone levels
- Huge increase in biting force than traditional dentures broadening your diet selections
Dr. Michael Nugent is a general dentist that practices at 3421 Burke Rd Ste A, Pasadena, Texas 77504. He focuses on Cosmetic, Family, Implant and Sedation Dentistry. Dr. Nugent is one of the few general dentist that has the knowledge and training to place and restore your dental implant. In other words, Dr. Nugent can take your dental implants from start to finish. Get the best in dental implant care. Call us today at 713-941-8261.