Deer Park and Pasadena Texas Dentist
Oral Cancer Self-Examination
Use a bright light and a mirror and:
1. Remove any dental appliances
2. Look and feel inside your lips and front of gums
3. Tilt you head back to look at and feel the roof of your mouth
4. Pull you cheek out to see the inside and also to see the back gums
5. Stick out your tongue and look at all services
6. Feel for lumps or enlarged lymph nodes (glands) in both sides of the neck and under the lower jaw.
Also, when performing an oral self-exam look for:
1. Reddish patches (erythroplasia)
2. Whitish patches (leukoplakia)
3. A sore that fails to heal and bleeds easily
4. A lump or thickening of the tissues
5. Chronic sore throat or hoarseness
6. Difficult in chewing or swallowing
Do not ignore an suspicious lumps or sores. Should you discover something make an appointment to see Dr. Nugent.
Did you know we use advanced dental technology to do a supplemental oral cancer screening.
We do this with the Velscope.
We believe in being pro-active and we don’t charge for this service.
Dr. Nugent’s office is located at 3421 Burke Rd Ste A in Pasadena, Texas. Dr. Nugent has been voted BEST DENTIST in Pasadena, Texas several times. Experience award winning dentistry! Call us today at 713-941-8261.