Laughing Gas (Nitrous Oxide) La Porte Texas
Laughing Gas (Nitrous Oxide) is a sweet-smelling, non-irritating, colorless gas that you inhale through your nose. It has been used safely in Dentistry for over a hundred years. In fact, dentist Horace Wells first used Nitrous Oxide to help with a tooth extraction in 1844. Laughing Gas has both a euphoric and analgesic effect. In other words, laughing gas makes you feel good and lowers pain levels.
Dr. Nugent’s daughter on Nitrous Oxide. Emily had to have two baby teeth pulled by her Father because the adult teeth were coming in and the baby teeth had not falling out yet.
Nitrous Oxide is a great for dental use because:
- Nitrous Oxide is extremely safe.
- Nitrous Oxide creates euphoria and has analgesic effects.
- Patients may experience mild amnesia and not remember their dental appointment.
- Patients retain their ability to break on their own.
- Nitrous Oxide can be altered to give more or less, thus it can be more “dialed in for the patient”.
- Nitrous Oxide minimizes gagging.
- Nitrous Oxide onset is very rapid.
- One the dentistry is completed, 100% Oxygen is given flushing the nitrous out of the lungs. The patient is completely recovered and has no “hangover”.
- Patient can drive themselves home.
- Laughing Gas helps the fearful dental patient.
Pasadena Texas Dentist Michael Nugent uses Sedation Dentistry to help his patients. Dr. Nugent understands that patients are scared of the dentist. Dr. Nugent has special training in Sedation Dentistry and helped patients from Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte, Friendswood, League City, Webster and Houston. Let Dr. Nugent show you how dental sedation can help you.
Call our office today at 713-941-8261. Our office is conveniently located at 3421 Burke Rd Ste A, Pasadena, Texas 77504.