Pasadena Texas Night Guards:
Patients can grind their teeth at night. This is a destructive action the damages the teeth. A night guard can help protect the teeth by taking the forces of this grinding. The night guard gets worn down and damaged and NOT the teeth. The night guard is easily replaceable. Replacing all of your teeth is more difficult.
How to get a Night Guard:
- Impressions are taken of your upper and lower teeth
- Stone replicas are made from the impression
- The night guard is created out of a strong durable plastic
- When the guard is finished, it is properly fitted to your mouth by either Drs. West or Nugent
- Simply wear the guard while you sleep every night
Benefits of a Night Guard:
- Can reduce the damage caused by grinding teeth during sleep
- Prevents headache pain
- Can help prevent jaw disorders by relieving pressure
- Prevents the development of TMD (temporomandibular disorder)
To find out if you might benefit from a custom dental night guard, call our Pasadena, Texas office at 713-941-8261 today. We are located at 3421 Burke Rd Ste A, Pasadena, Texas 77504.
It is also important to note that one of the reasons people grind their teeth is due to sleep apnea. We help treat patients that have sleep apnea.