LASER TREATMENT FOR PATIENTS WITH FEVER BLISTERS (COLD SORES)
Fever blisters, also called cold sores, are caused by the Herpes virus. Patients who repeatedly suffer from outbreaks of this Herpes virus, usually describe a pre-outbreak burning and itching sensation at the site of the future sore. If laser therapy is not done in time, a blister will appear with the cold sores usually bursting open and having a clear discharge. These sores are usually self-limiting and heal within a 2-week time frame. However, the patients have to suffer with the embarrassment of the
One can identify fever blisters by their appearance. Fever blisters form in groups of small blisters. After the blisters form, they soon break open and release clear fluid. Lastly, the fever blisters will for a crust and scab over. This entire process from outbreak to scab to going away usually takes two weeks.
To skip this embarrassing appearance, the best thing you can do is call our Pasadena, Texas dental office at the first sign of itching or burning. We can deactivate the virus before it appears on your lips and leaves unsightly blisters and scabs on your lips.
Therefore, when you start feeling the itching and burning symptoms, you must call our office as soon as possible. We will see you right away to provide laser treatment. When laser therapy is done before the blisters arises, the fever blister (cold sore) will never appear. Contact us immediately after you start feeling fever blisters cold sore symptoms.
WHY IS LASER TREATMENT THE BEST FOR COLD SORES?
- There are multiple reasons why laser therapy is most advanced and preferred way to treat the Herpes Virus.
- Light energy destroys the local virus that causes cold sores to form.
- Laser therapy can prevent or diminish ulceration from occurring through photo-biostimulation technology.
- Laser treatments can help decrease the reoccurrence of the cold sores.
- It is high tech, yet affordable
- Treatment takes just a few minutes and without anesthesia
- Relief is immediate and profound
- Can prevent sores from appearing if treatment is begun once the lip starts tingling
- Arrests the progression of the lesion after treatment
- Much quicker healing if the fever blister is already present
- After treatment, cold sores reoccur with less frequency and intensity at the same location
WHAT ARE THE RESULTS LIKE WITH LASER TREATMENT?
Since lasers destroy the virus, the laser treatment can halt the cold sores from appearing at all if you haven’t broken out yet. Pretty amazing, right? Once the virus is stopped, the fever blisters can no longer appear on your lips. Next, if you currently have cold sores on your lips, laser treatment will rapidly speed up the healing time and provide you with immediate relief pain and itching. Plus, the breakout will also stop spreading. Since the herpes virus cannot be cured, your fever blisters might come back. However, laser treatments extend the length of time between your breakouts. In fact, after several laser treatments in the same area, your cold sores might never come back! Best of all, laser treatments for cold sores are inexpensive and fast.
Come see why our Pasadena, Texas Dental Office is a leader in dental technology. We are located at 3421 Burke Road, Ste A, Pasadena, Texas 77504.