Dental Implant Dentures:
Millions of Americans are missing most or all of their teeth. The old fashioned way to solve missing teeth was to make bulky plastic dentures that rest on the gum tissue. This creates a multitude of problems. Dr. Nugent is a leader in implant dentistry and can create implant dentures that stay in place and are comfortable.
Stable Implant Dentures
Happy Implant Denture Patient
Problems with outdated dentures:
- Dentures do not preserve bone
- Poor chewing forces
- Messy denture adhesives
- Dentures moving and slipping
- Sore spots on gum tissue from lose dentures
If you are about to need dentures or already wearing dentures Dr. Nugent can create custom dental implant dentures that SNAP onto dental implants. The dental implants stimulate and preserve bone levels. This is important as loss of bone causes facial collapse and wrinkles. The dentures are secured with dental implants and do no move. This allows patients to eat what they want and to laugh spontaneously without worrying their dentures will fall out.
Restore your self-esteem and self-confidence with implant dentures. Implant dentures are extremely stable and will not move or fall out. Dental implants allow the denture to lock into place. This eliminates the need for messy denture adhesive. The implant dentures are extremely comfortable because they are stable. This stability allows patients to eat and enjoy the foods they love (even corn on the cob). The implant dentures stimulate and preserve bone. Bone loss and collapse of the facial contours creates extreme elderly appearance. Dental implant dentures fill out the face and create a natural look of beauty.
Dental Implant Dentures
- Improve confidence and self-esteem
- Extremely stable during speech and eating
- Stability provides increased chewing forces
- Stimulate and preserve bone and facial outlines
- Allow for excellent aesthetics
- They consist of a set of removable denture teeth attached to a gum-colored base that snaps securely onto a few dental implants that have been surgically placed in the jawbone.
- The implants, typically 2-6 of them, act like roots for the denture teeth and provide tremendous stability and retention. This prevents the loose slipping and movement that conventional dentures suffer from.
- Implant dentures can be removable so you can take them out for cleaning. Or they can be fixed permanently in place like natural teeth if enough implants are used. Removable versions still have excellent retention.
- Eating is easier with implant dentures compared to conventional dentures. The improved stability lets you eat foods you couldn’t before. Speech is also improved.
- They prevent bone loss in the jaw which happens after losing natural teeth. The implants stimulate the bone, retaining facial structure.
- The process involves surgically placing the implants to integrate with the jawbone first. After healing, the denture is fabricated and snapped onto the implants.
- Overall, implant-supported dentures provide a great balance of stability, function, convenience and cost compared to other tooth replacement options. They are an effective restoration for complete tooth loss.
Get the best in dental implant denture care. Call our office at 713-941-8261 today or visit us at 3421 Burke Rd Ste A, Pasadena, Texas 77504.