Pasadena, Texas Denture Dentist
Todays Dentures are made from very materials designed to give you a natural appearance. But dentures still need excellent care. This includes daily brushing and regular visits to Dr. Nugent.
Regular visits are critical because Dr. Nugent can make minor adjustments to your dentures. These adjustments will help your dentures to continue fitting naturally and comfortably.
Just like real teeth, dentures must be cleansed of plaque, food particles and other debris. It is vital to keep your dentures in top shape. This will also help keep the soft tissues of your mouth healthy. A dirty or lose denture can cause infections and irritation inside the mouth.
Denture Cleaning Techniques
Remember to rinse and brush your dentures after every meal, and soak them in denture solution overnight. This also allows your gums to rest from the pressure the dentures put on the gum tissue.
Use these simple techniques to keep your dentures clean:
• Use a toothbrush or a denture brush to clean and scrub away food particle and plaque.
• Do not use highly abrasive chemicals or pastes.
• Hold your dentures gently to avoid loosening a tooth. Placing a towel underneath your dentures while you clean the dentures can help prevent cracks and breaks if you were to drop the denture.
• Clean your dentures with cool water as hot water may distort a denture.
• Soak your dentures overnight in any commercially available product like Efferdent or Polident will help break up deposits. Be sure to remember to rinse your dentures before placing them back in your mouth.
• Remember to use a separate toothbrush to clean your own natural teeth, as well as all of your gum tissues.