Have you lost your confidence in your smile because of missing teeth?
Teeth can be lost for numerous reasons, including cavities, trauma and periodontal (gum) disease. By age 17, it is estimated that 7.3 percent of children have lost one permanent adult tooth, and by age 50 adults have lost an average of 12 teeth. Missing teeth can keep you from smiling and laughing because of the embarrassment. Also, missing teeth can stop you from enjoying the foods you love.
Dental implants are the most advanced way to solve the problems associated with missing teeth.
If you are missing one or more teeth call Dr. Nugent’s office at 713-941-8262 for a dental implant consultation.
When one has missing teeth, a cascade of events will take place:
- Bone loss in the area of the missing tooth
- Teeth adjacent to the missing tooth will start to tilt and shift
- Opposing teeth will start to migrate into the missing tooth’s space
- Missing teeth can cause bite problems and joint pain
Three separate parts make up the dental implant:
Implant- Titanium cylinder that is inserted into the jaw and fuses with the bone to mimic a natural tooth root
Abutment- Connects the implant to the crown to serve as the base for the crown
Crown- resembles a natural tooth and is cemented onto the abutment
Dr. Nugent has completed dental implants on his Father, Mother, Father-in-law and Mother-in-law because Dr. Nugent knows dental implants are the best way to replace missing teeth. Dr. Nugent has advanced training in the field of dental implants. Implant dentistry is one of Dr. Nugent’s passions because of the many advantages of dental implants.
The advantages of dental implants include:
- Dental implants are the most advanced way to restore missing teeth.
- Dental implants require no cutting or grinding on nearby teeth.
- Dental implants are permanent and do not come out at night. Dental implants do not require messy dental adhesives. Dental implants allow patients to floss between their implant crowns and natural teeth.
- Dental implants preserve bone.
Dr. Nugent’s dental office is located in Pasadena, Texas. He sees patients from Pasadena and all the surrounding cities. Patients travel from Clear Lake, Deer Park, La Porte, Friendswood, League City, Pear Land, Webster and Houston because of the honest and compassionate care Dr. Nugent gives each patient. Dr. Nugent’s excellent bedside manners and dental expertise make him a favorite of referring doctors.