Pasadena Texas Dental Implant Dentist
Dental implants are the most advanced way to replace missing teeth. They are made to mimic natural teeth as they are anchored in the jawbone and come out of the gum tissue just like natural teeth.
What are the benefits of dental implants over other treatments?
1. Dental implants are the best way to replace a normal tooth that has been lost. Implants are sturdy and stay in place. The dental implant is a replacement for a missing tooth that looks, feels, fits, and works just like a normal tooth. Other old-fashioned ways to replace teeth can cause bone loss and make it hard to eat, smile, talk, laugh, and do other things you do every day.
2. Implants protect your healthy teeth. Placing an old fashioned tooth-supported bridge requires grinding away the teeth on both sides of the missing tooth or teeth. This irreversibly damages the once healthy teeth. The modified healthy teeth are attached to, and support, the bridge. Everything is one piece and hard to clean. Whereas, dental implants go in the jawbone where your missing tooth root once was. The implant does not damage adjacent teeth. Implants also help prevent healthy, neighbor teeth from shifting as they would if an empty space were left for an extended period of time.
3. Dental implants are made to be long-lasting. The gold standard for long-term replacement lifespan is dental implants. Traditional dental bridges supported by teeth are only effective for about 10 years. Implants, however, can last a lifetime. Receive the best treatment for replacing teeth the first time.
4. Dental Implants are more predictable than other replacement methods. Dental implant treatment has the best track record of reliable, long-term successful outcomes. Old fashioned treatments options like bridgework and removable dentures have poor service life and results.
5. Don’t give up the pleasure of fine foods. With dental implants you will be able to eat your favorite foods! Taste and enjoy the foods you love without hesitation or limitations. You will bite naturally and eat anything you want. Old fashioned dentures feel uncomfortable, rub on the gum tissue causing sore sports and are made of bulky plastic. The plastic alters the taste of the food.
6. Don’t worry about your teeth falling out. Enjoy your life stress free. With dental implants there is no need to worry about your teeth! No need to stay home or feel uncomfortable in public. No reason to be embarrassed because your smile looks different, or worrying that missing teeth will limit your ability to join in the fun. No worrying that your removable dentures or tooth-supported replacement teeth will loosen or fall out when you talk, eat or laugh. Dental implants are rock solid and will not come out. Live life to the fullest with confidence and self-esteem made possible with non-removable dental implant teeth.
7. Don’t age prematurely. Teeth and supporting bone are responsible for your natural face shape, and smile. A face without teeth can sag and appear sunken, sad and elderly. Dental implants allow you to maintain the natural shape of your face and smile.
8. Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that protects healthy bone. Leaving empty spaces in your mouth after losing one or more teeth can leads to additional tooth loss, shifting of the teeth and deterioration of some of your jawbone. When the jawbone is not being used to support a natural tooth, the jawbone melts away. This causes the jawbone to shrink and lose volume. Dental implants are the only dental restoration option that preserves and stimulates bone thus preventing bone loss.
9. Keep your teeth in your mouth – not in a cup on your nightstand. Dental implants allow you to keep your teeth where they belong – in your mouth. Never worry about your dentures slipping or falling out. You simply brush, floss and care for your implant teeth exactly the way you would natural.
10. Speak easy with dental implants. Adjusting to removable dentures can mean struggling to pronounce everyday words. This is because removable dentures are huge bulky plastic appliances. Whereas, dental implants function and feel just like natural teeth.
11. Never get a cavity! Dental implants are made out of titanium and porcelain. Thus, dental implants can never get decay. Furthermore, your dental implant tooth will never need a root canal.
12. Keep your teeth in place. Dentures can slip, move and even fall out when you eat, smile, talk, laugh, kiss, yawn or cough. This causes constant stress as you are always worrying when your teeth will fall out. The social embarrassment is horrible. Don’t suffer with low self-esteem and self-confidence. Get your life back with solid, stable and non-removable dental implants. Life your life to the fullest!
Dr. Michael Nugent is a General Dentist in Pasadena, Texas. His office is located at 3421 Burke Rd Ste A, Pasadena Texas 77504. Dr. Nugent maintains a strong focus on placement and restoration of dental implants. From single teeth implant replacement, implant dentures or All On Four Dental Implants Dr. Nugent has the training, experience and knowledge to help you achieve your goals. Patients from Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte, League City and Friendswood come to our office for advanced dental implant care. Come experience modern dentistry.
Call us today at 713-941-8261. See how dental implants can change your life.
Dental implants are a good way to repair teeth that have been lost. The implants look like real teeth because they are made of titanium alloy rods with porcelain crowns on top. Dental implants are a great way to keep the shape of your face and make sure your tooth still works and looks like a real one. At Smile Forever Atlanta, we do both single-tooth implants and implants for more than one tooth.
What’s good about getting dental implants?
With dental implants, you can replace a single tooth in many ways. When you get a single tooth implant, you can enjoy the following:
- Good health. When you put a tooth in an empty spot, you make it less likely that your teeth will shift or that you will get gum disease.
- Prevent bone loss. Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that stimulates and preserves bone.
- Better performance. With all of your teeth working, you won’t have to worry about your implants when you eat your favorite foods.
- More confidence in yourself. Having gaps in your teeth can make your smile look bad. You can show off a beautiful, full smile with just one dental implant. We’ll make sure your single tooth implant looks just like the rest of your teeth, so no one will be able to tell the difference.
How to Replace a Single Tooth
The first step in replacing a single tooth is to get a dental implant evaluation. Dr. Nugent will sit down with you to talk about your choices. An advanced 3d x-ray will be taken. This x-ray will give Dr. Nugent the information to determine if your jawbone is strong enough to support a tooth implant or not. Once you decide that replacing a single tooth is the best option, you will need to make an appointment for your first implant. During this visit, your dentist will place the titanium dental implant into your bone. Over the course of four months the bone will fuse to the dental implant. The next appointment will be for impressions. The next appointment will be to place the abutment and crown.
How to take care of your dental implant.
Dental implants work just like real teeth, and if you take good care of them, they can last forever. It’s not hard to take care of your dental implants; it’s just a normal part of your daily dental hygiene practice. You brush and floss your dental implant just like a natural tooth.