Dental Implants in Pasadena Texas
Being a leader in dental implant treatment means a dedication to excellence. This past month I have taken six hours of continuing dental education on dental implants. A commitment to learning is crucial in staying current with modern dental procedures. I am shocked when I see and hear about dentist that do not work with dental implants. These dentists are stuck in the past and not willing to learn and become better dentists. This leads to poor patient care.
There is a tremendous amount of dental research that is conducted daily all over the world. As a physician I must continue to learn so that I can offer my patients the most reliable and sound treatment possible.
When my Father, Mother, Father-in-law and Mother-in-law lost a tooth I replaced the missing tooth with a dental implant. Dental implants are the most advanced way to replace missing teeth.
Fun facts about dental implants:
- Dental Implants completely replicate a natural tooth and stimulate bone.
- Ancient Mayan Indians in 600 A.D. used crude dental implants. The first modern dental implants were done in 1905 by Scholl. However, in 1969 the published scientific work of Dr. Branemark ushered in the age of dental implants. Dr. Branemark developed the concept of “osteointegration” and outlined how bone forms and integrates with the implant.
- Bone grafting at the time of tooth extraction takes advantage of the healing process that is induced from the trauma of tooth extraction and leads to a much shorter healing time.
- The greater the bone, the larger diameter and length of dental implant can be used. This results in better aesthetics, prognosis and ease of oral hygiene.
- Dental Implants are used to secure dentures. These implant dentures are extremely stable.
- Dental Implants will never get a cavity. Also, dental implants do not damage adjacent teeth.
- Recurrent decay is the number one cause of failure for fixed and removable prostheses. The second leading cause of failure of prostheses is loss of one or more abutment teeth.
- Implants will never need a root canal.
- The greatest bone loss from tooth loss occurs from six months to two years after tooth extraction.
- The goal of bone ridge preservation is to prevent jawbone atrophy and maintain adequate width and height of bone for successful future placement of dental implants.
Pasadena, Texas Dentist Michael Nugent is a leader in dental implant treatment. Patients from Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte, League City, Friendswood and Houston seek out the experience and advice of Dr. Nugent. He has been voted BEST DENTIST in PASADENA multiple times.
Call Dr. Nugent’s office today at 713-941-8261.
Or visit us at 3421 Burke Rd Ste A, Pasadena, Texas 77504.