Dental Implants: Permanent, Secure Tooth Replacements
Dr. Nugent has been working with dental implants since 2000. He is one of few general dentists that both places and restores dental implants. You can enjoy the convenience of having all of your implant dentistry performed in Dr. Nugent’s Pasadena, Texas dental office. The most common usage of a dental implant is to replace a single tooth.
What is a Dental Implant?
Dr. Nugent makes dental implant surgery surprisingly painless. Implants are extremely successful over time. In fact, dental implants are the longest lasting tooth replacement option possible. Almost anyone with missing teeth can be a candidate for this procedure.
Immediately After Implant Surgery!
Are dental implants right for me?
Usually, anyone healthy enough to undergo a routine dental extraction is a good candidate for a dental implant. The actually placement of the dental implant is less biologically and physiologically taxing on the body then tooth extraction. One needs to have adequate jaw bone and healthy gum tissue that is free of periodontal disease (gum disease). Patients who practice good oral hygiene and visit their dentist for regular checkups are almost always good candidates for dental implants. Smokers and uncontrolled diabetic patients can still get dental implants but they are at an increased risk of failure. That being said, Dr. Nugent completes dental implants in smokers and diabetic patients all the time
What happens during Implant Surgery?
- Local anesthesia is placed creating a completely numb (pain free) surgical area.
- Then Dr. Nugent surgically places the implant into the jawbone beneath the gum. This protects the implant from force while it is fusing to the bone.
- After a couple of months, Dr. Nugent will remove some gum tissue to expose the dental implants.
- The Dr. Nugent takes impressions to start fabricating the new dental implant tooth
- Dr. Nugent places the finished dental implant tooth.
Get the best in dental implant care for you and your family.
See why Dr. Nugent has been voted best Pasadena Texas Dentist multiple times.
For the best dental implant experience call our office at 713-941-8261 or visit us at 3421 Burke Rd Ste A, Pasadena, Texas 77504.