Sedation Dentistry Pasadena Texas
Pasadena, Texas residents who have fear and anxiety thinking about visiting the dentist now have an amazing option. Sedation Dentistry is a safe and easy way to receive outstanding dental work from Cosmetic Dentist Michael Nugent. Sedation dentistry will calm and relax the anxiety and fears of sitting in the dental chair.
Reasons why Patients use Sedation Dentistry:
- Fear of going to the dentist
- A traumatic experience with dentistry in the past
- Fear on injections in your mouth
- Overactive gag reflex
- Back problems that make it difficult laying down for extended amounts of time
- Past difficulty getting numb during dental treatment
- Desire to get all of your dental work done at one time
Sedation dentistry with Dr. Nugent allows you to experience dentistry while you are completely relaxed and comfortable. Most patients report that they were asleep. Patients get so relaxed they think they are sleeping when in fact they are awake and can communicate with Dr. Nugent. For dental sedation patients, time flies. Sedation patients will think a three hour procedure only lasted fifteen minutes. Furthermore, the dental sedation medications have amnesiac effects so patients have little to no memory of their dental treatment.
Sedation Dentistry is easy with Dr. Nugent. Patients will arrive to Dr. Nugent’s Pasadena Texas Dental Office and will be escorted to the treatment room. Blood pressure and vital signs will be recorded. The patient will take their oral medication and the lights will be dimmed. Once the medication starts to work, the patient will be hooked up to an advanced monitoring device that checks blood pressure, pulse and oxygen levels. Then Dr. Nugent will add Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas) and the patient will be exceedingly relaxed and comfortable.
Dr. Nugent understands that most people dislike coming to the dentist. Dr. Nugent has undergone advanced training in order to receive special licenses from the State of Texas to administer oral sedation pills and nitrous oxide at his Pasadena, Texas Dental Office. It is time to receive the dental care you need. Dental sedation can help ease your natural fears and anxiety about dental care. Trust the experience and passion of Dr. Nugent. To learn more about our practice, be sure to visit our Facebook Page and YouTube channel. Dr. Nugent was voted Best Pasadena Dentist 2010 and Best Pasadena Dentist 2011.
RELAX WITH DENTAL SEDATION AT OUR OFFICE
Some people may be nervous about their dental treatment since they have never had it done before. Many people, however, suffer from dental anxiety, making it difficult to attend their dentist at all, and this hesitation can exacerbate even seemingly minor oral ailments, such as a toothache. Dr. Wright and our team can help you stay quiet, comfortable, and relaxed enough to receive the high-quality dental care you need and deserve by using dental sedation. With a variety of dental sedation treatments available, such as Laughing Gas, oral conscious sedation, and IV sedation, you can be confident that your appointment will be comfortable and pleasant each time! Our highly experienced dental staff examines each patient’s health and general needs and provides only the safest and most effective sedation option for every dental operation we perform, whether you’re 5 or 95.
OPTIONS FOR DENTAL SEDATION
- Laughing Gas: Also known as laughing gas, causes a peaceful, slightly euphoric mood. Laughing Gas is the least potent form of sedation and is safe for children as well.
- Conscious oral sedation: Oral sedation is administered as a pill before your treatment. Depending on the dose, you may also take the drug the night before your appointment to help you relax. Oral sedation is more powerful than laughing gas and can make you sleepy for the remainder of the day. You will need a driver after your procedure.
- Sedation by IV: Intravenous sedation, or IV sedation, is the most powerful type of dental anesthesia and is normally reserved for more sophisticated treatments like dental implant surgery, wisdom tooth extraction and sever dental anxiety cases. Because IV sedation creates a deep level of euphoria and relaxation, which frequently results in patients falling asleep. You will need a driver after your procedure.
Our office is located at 3421 Burke Rd Ste A, Pasadena, Texas 77504. Call us at 713-941-8261 to schedule an appointment for you and your family.
Many people are anxious before and during dental operations. It’s normal to be worried or even terrified before an appointment. We recognize that our patients are not all the same. We have a variety of techniques at our disposal to ensure that you enjoy a relaxing and comfortable dental experience.
In dentistry, the most prevalent types of sedation are inhaled, oral, and intravenous. While sedation dentistry makes the procedure more bearable for you, it is crucial to remember that it is not a pain reliever and that you will still require dental anesthesia.
Dr. Nugent is regional leader in dental sedation. Call our office at 713-941-8261 to schedule your appointment.