Emergency Dental Visit
A severe toothache can be debilitating, often preventing you from participating in your daily activities or keeping you up at night. Toothache pain can range from chronic and mild to sharp and unbearable. Teeth pain can be aggravated by chewing or hot/cold liquids.
If you are experiencing dental pain, call Dr. Michael Nugent at 713-941-8261. You will be in good hands with Dr. Nugent. The Pasadena Citizen Newspaper voted Dr. Nugent BEST DENTIST in 2010 and 2011. Let Dr. Nugent’s expertise and passion for dentistry help you get out of pain.
Please note, Dr. Nugent can no prescribe pain medication to you unless you are currently a patient.
The following are tips to relieving toothaches until you can contact Dr. Nugent’s office.
Here are a few simple remedies to cope with the pain until you can see your dentist.
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Nugent. Putting off dental treatment can lead to more serious dental problems.
- Avoid any foods that intensify the tooth pain. Usually the foods have a heavy texture making them difficult to chew. Also, avoid hot and cold liquids.
- Take over-the-counter pain medications to reduce pain. However, numbing the pain with over-the-counter medication is not a good substitute for dental care.
- Try a cold compress on the side of your cheek.
- Try flossing if you feel something is packed in between your teeth.
- Rinsing your mouth with a mixture of salt and water.
- Take care of your teeth by brushing and flossing regularly, and visit Dr. Nugent for routine check-ups and dental cleanings.
It is possible to manage tooth pain initially. However, the pain and cause of the pain will only continue to grow over time. If you experience dental pain or unusual tooth symptoms you should call our Pasadena, Texas dental office at 713-941-8261. Usually a toothache is caused by a dental problem. The problem could be a cavity (decay), gum disease (periodontal disease), a fractured tooth, a cracked tooth or a tooth infection. After a thorough dental examination, Dr. Nugent will determine the cause of the pain and recommend appropriate treatment.
We see Patients from Pasadena, Clear Lake, Deer Park, La Porte, League City, Pearland and Houston Texas.