Pasadena Texas Dental Care for Senior Citizens
Pasadena, Texas Dentist Dr. Nugent provides outstanding dental care for the entire family. Dental care is done in a relaxing, comforting atmosphere. Each and every patient is treated with the utmost care, compassion, and respect. Dr. Nugent has been providing excellent dental care for Senior Citizens for many years.
Dr. Nugent strives to make sure his elderly patients feel well taken care of, safe, and comfortable throughout his or her entire dental visit.
Senior citizens have unique dental needs in their golden years. Advancing age can negatively effect your dental health. For example, medical conditions (and increased medication use) can cause dry mouth. Dry mouth is devastating because it increases the risk of cavities greatly. When one has dry mouth their is a reduction in saliva flow. Saliva lubricates the mouth, washes away bacteria and buffers acid.
Dental Care for Seniors
One of the biggest advantages of having routine dental examinations is that Dr. Nugent and team can often identify and treat dental problems before they have caused substantial or irreversible damage. The most common dental problem for senior citizens is cavities. If found early, Dr. Nugent can take care of a cavity in its early stages. This will make treatment easier, more predictable and less expensive.
Restoring Missing Teeth with Dental Implants
In Texas 16.8 percent of adults age 65 and up have lost all of their teeth. This is horrible. These seniors are missing all of their teeth. To help Senior Citizens Dr. Nugent offers Implant Dentures and All-on-Four Dental Implants options.
Your teeth, gums, and mouth age with you, and you may find that you have different dental problems later in life than when you were younger. Senior dentistry assists you in caring for your smile and maintaining good oral health, allowing you to live a healthy, pain-free lifestyle as you age.
When you visit our Pasadena, Texas Dental Office, we will examine your mouth thoroughly, including your bite, joints, teeth, gums, and soft tissues. We will also examine the condition and fit of your dentures (if you wear them) to confirm that they are still functioning properly.
Some of the most frequent dental concerns that people confront as they get older are:
- Dry mouth – A common side effect of infection, medicines, and tobacco usage is dry mouth. To help relieve the consequences of dry mouth, our dentists may offer preventive methods such as fluoride gels, dietary changes, increased water consumption, lozenges, or chewing gum.
- Tooth decay – Cavities are more common in older persons due to dry mouth and other factors. Maintain a proper hygiene practice at home and visit our dentists on a regular basis.
- Damaged teeth – You may require more dental work than you did when you were younger due to damaged teeth. We provide a number of restorative services to repair, replace, and protect your teeth.
- Teeth loss can occur as a result of gum disease, accident, or other circumstances. Bridges, dentures, and implants are all alternatives for replacing missing teeth so you can chew and smile normally.
- Systemic disorders that affect oral health – Age-related illnesses like diabetes might have an impact on your mouth health. Similarly, oral disorders such as periodontal disease have been linked to systemic diseases (diabetes, heart disease, stroke, lung disease, osteoporosis, and so on). As a result, keeping good dental health is crucial to your overall health as you age.
Dr. Nugent is a family dentist located at 3421 Burke Rd Ste A, Pasadena Texas. He understand the unique needs and dental circumstances of Senior Citizens. We invite you to learn more about dental care for seniors by making an appointment at our Pasadena, Texas Dental Office. Call us today at 713-941-8261.
Experience Dentistry when you the patient are the center of attention.