Pasadena Texas Teeth Bleaching
Why do teeth get discolored?
Tooth discoloration and staining causes embarrassment and self-consciousness. Though many causes of tooth discoloration are under your control, some are not. The following is a brief list of causes and cures:
1. Drinks: Coffee and tea tend to stain teeth, especially when sipped over a prolonged period. Periodic professional cleanings and in-office tooth whitening reverse these effects.
2. Smoking / Tobacco: Smoking and chewing tobacco have a negative effect on tooth color, gingival health, and breath. The best treatment is never to start smoking, or try to quit if you currently smoke. Periodic in-office cleanings and professional tooth whitening minimize the discoloring effects of smoking.
3. Age: With aging comes the cumulative effect of tooth staining. The outer tooth enamel wears down with time, causing teeth to turn more yellow. Porcelain veneers or dental bonding replace that worn layer, and restore the youthful glow of teeth.
4. Chemicals and Medications: During the tooth development of a child, certain antibiotics such as tetracycline or excessive ingestion of fluoride can cause permanent tooth staining. Though these stains cannot be cleaned or whitened, porcelain veneers or composite bonding can give the stained teeth a new face.
In addition to the causes listed above, trauma and genetics play a role in changing tooth color. Keep your teeth whiter and brighter by regular dental cleanings. Teeth whitening (teeth bleaching) is an excellent way to brighten you smile to a more youthful and beautiful white. Also, ask us about your cosmetic options to get that perfect smile.
Some of the most common causes of teeth discoloration are as follows:
- Drinking Coke, coffee, tea, or red wine
- Eating foods that can stain a tshirt
- Smoking or chewing tobacco
- Tooth decay
- Poor dental hygiene
- Taking certain medications or antibiotics
- Trauma or injury to teeth
Pasadena Texas Cosmetic Dentist Michael Nugent is ready to create your dream smile. Discover your cosmetic options. Not sure if cosmetic dentistry is right for you? Come to our Pasadena, Texas Dental Office and we can do “digital smile make-overs”.
Advantages of White Teeth
Although teeth whitening is mostly a cosmetic operation, it can nonetheless benefit your physical and mental well-being.
Think about these benefits of having white teeth:
- A higher sense of self. You’ll feel better about yourself and others will notice your confidence when you can flash your pearly whites.
- Mood improvement. With whiter teeth, you’ll be grinning more than ever before, which makes you happy.
- Infectious smile. When people see your smile, they can’t help but smile as well!
- Improved hygiene. You’ll be able to identify any health or cleanliness problems more readily if your teeth are white and free of blemishes.
- A bright smile is a terrific approach to improve your life without going over budget. Desiring white teeth does not make you vain.
Dr. Nugent helps patients from Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte, Friendswood, Clear Lake, Webster, League City and Houston, Texas. See why Dr. Nugent has been voted Best Pasadena Texas multiple times. Our office is located at 3421 Burke Rd Ste A, Pasadena, Texas 77504.
Call our Pasadena Texas office at 713-941-8261.