Pasadena Texas Conus Dentures:
Millions of patients are affected by an alteration in appearance and health due to missing teeth. Luckily, dental implants are an ideal solution for tooth replacement that can help restore both look and function. If you are missing all your teeth, there is a time-saving, cost effective treatment option that may be right for you.
Dr. Nugent can make a Conus denture. This an option that is between locator dentures and the All on Four. The Conus denture slide onto 4 to 6 dental implants. The novel approach is that the abutments (the parts that connect to the implant and come out of the gum tissue) are computer designed to all be perfectly parallel. The denture has matching cylinders and the abutments slide into the cylinders. This creates a friction locked connection. The denture is not supported by the gum tissue and there is no rocking. The strength is that of the All on Four but with the advantage of lower cost and ability for the patient to remove the Conus denture to clean.
Key advantages of Conus Dentures:
- Strong and stable fit for comfort in chewing and improved phonetics
- Denture rests completely on the implants
- Does not sit on or compress the gum tissue
- Denture functions like a fixed bridge but is user removable
- Helps to maintain jaw bone and facial structures
- Eliminates the need for messy denture adhesives
- Removable for simplified cleaning and optimum hygiene