Kids Dentist Pasadena Texas:
Dr Nugent believes that every child is entitled to a beautiful smile, proper oral hygiene and dental visits that are fun.
Dr. Nugent sees children in his Pasadena, Texas Dental Office. The services for children include: dental cleanings, digital x-rays, dental sealants, fluoride treatments and tooth colored fillings.
Why are baby teeth so important?
Baby teeth are vital in the growth and development of a child. Losing baby teeth early can lead to:
- Eating difficulties
- Affect appearance and self-esteem
- Causes problems with speech
- Unnecessary pain and infection that can lead to hospitalization
- Spacing problems for the adult teeth
Regular dental visits are vital to maintain good oral health. One of the best things parents can do for their children is to have sealants placed on the baby teeth.
Back teeth have groves and depressions. A dental sealant is simply a plastic resin that is placed on the back teeth and fills in these grooves. Sealing these groves prevent bacteria from hiding in the cracks and starting cavities. Dental sealants are great at preventing cavities.
Baby Bottle Tooth Decay.
Baby bottle tooth decay is a very dangerous form of decay that affects the upper front teeth and the lower back teeth. Often times the baby teeth are lost due to the decay. Baby bottle decay can be prevented.
- Never put your baby to bed with a bottle with milk or juice. If you child must have a bottle with them in bed only use water.
- Do not use a bottle as a pacifier during nap or bedtime
- Wiping your infant’s teeth with cotton gauze if very beneficial.
Oral Hygiene for Kids
Even though your child’s baby teeth may fall out naturally, it’s still important to teach them excellent dental hygiene and how to take care of their teeth from a young age. We advise you to start brushing your child’s teeth as soon as they erupt in order to teach them the importance of excellent oral hygiene and establish brushing as a daily habit. Brush gently using a baby toothbrush that has soft bristles while using a small amount of toothpaste.
A baby tooth must be kept in place in order for it to naturally fall out. The main justifications for saving damaged infant teeth by dentists are:
- To assist your kid with eating and speaking
- Serving as a temporary spacer for permanent teeth
To reduce the need for gum and tooth treatments, it is essential to practice proper oral hygiene from a young age. Here are some pointers you may share with your kids to help them take care of their teeth.
- Twice daily, brush and floss your teeth.
- regularly visit the dentist
- When engaging in sports and physical activity, wear a mouthguard.
- Avoid chewing on harsh objects like pencils, ice, and your fingernails.
Come see why Dr. Nugent is such a hit with kids and Moms. You child deserves a dentist that cares. Visit us at 3421 Burke Rd Ste A, Pasadena Texas 77504.