Pasadena, Texas Dentist Dr. Nugent has invested int he best technology for his patients and practice. CEREC is an amazing technology that allows Dr. Nugent to start and complete a crown all in one visit!
The CEREC technology was developed at Zurich University and has been successfully used in dental practices around the world since 1985. Long term clinical studies show that CEREC crowns are equivalent (if not better) then laboratory made crowns.
- No gagging, gooey, foul tasting impressions in your mouth for six minutes! The CEREC uses a 3D measuring camera to scan the prepared tooth, opposite teeth and your bite. This eliminates the unpleasant impression.
- No temporary crowns! You don’t have to walk around with a plastic temporary tooth for two weeks. You don’t have to come back for a second appointment to put on your laboratory crown. No more emergency visits to the dentist because you broke your plastic temporary.
- No long waiting periods! Laboratory made crowns can take between two to three weeks to be made and returned to the office. With CEREC you are finished the same day with a beautiful porcelain restoration that is extremely durable.
- Dr. Nugent completely numbs the patient. The decayed tooth tissue or defective filling is removed. A 3D image of the tooth is captured onto the computer.
- Dr. Nugent designs your new crown on the computer. Dr. Nugent is in total control of your new crown from start to finish.
- The CEREC milling machine prepares your restoration our of a solid porcelain block.
- The crown is tried in and verified.
- The crown is baked in an oven at 1500 degrees to strengthen the porcelain.
- Dr. Nugent bonds the crown directly to your tooth.
All Porcelain Restorations:
- One Visit
- No Temporaries
- No gagging impression
- Metal free
- Long lasting
- Highly cosmetic
- Dr. Nugent is in complete control start to finish