I came out to Pasadena in 2008. I took over the practice from a retiring 72 year old dentist. I am the third dentist since the 1950s to own this office. The practice has generations of family members utilizing this dental practice. I have adult patients that are at our office because their parents, grandparents and great grandparents use our office. It is awesome that we have numerous families with four generations coming to our office.
I was trained as a dentist and not as a business man. However, it’s not rocket science to own a dental office. A successful dental practice boils down to providing exceptional dental care and having long term meaningful relationship with your patients.
We help our patients to accept the best care possible and to invest in dentistry that improves their lives.
Dr. Nugent’s Dental Office Values:
- Be courteous and respectful to everyone.
- Care about patients, I am treating a person not teeth.
- Provide amazing dental care.
- Be honest in my treatment recommendations.
- Recommend treatment that is in the patient’s best interest.
- Treat everyone as if they were a family member.
- If I would not do a procedure on my wife or kids, I will not do that procedure on you.
- Be on time.
- Don’t nickel and dime patients.
- Treat patients correctly and have those patients, their family members and friends for my entire dental career.
- Strive for dental excellence every procedure.
- Never stop learning. Invest in the best technology and equipment.
- Invest heavily in continuing education classes. Be a better dentist this month then I was last month.
- Have the best technology possible to advance the level of dental care for my patients.
I do for my family what I do for my patients. It’s easy to have solid ethics when you keep things simple.
Here is me working on my Father.