Advanced Dentistry Pasadena Texas
Dr. Nugent has the advanced dental technology that he would want as a patient. Dr. Nugent invests heavily into his practice to make sure he is the leader in dental care in Pasadena, Texas.
- Digital x-rays are more advanced than old fashioned x-rays.
- Digital x-rays allow for magnification, manipulation of contrast, and measurements allowing Dr. Nugent the highest level of diagnostic accuracy.
- Digital x-rays have major advantages over old fashioned film x-rays.
- Digital x-rays are much faster, producing images that can be viewed almost instantly.
- Digital x-rays are easier on the environment as they do not need caustic chemicals to develop
- Digital x-rays are safer, less radiation is used.
- Digital x-rays can be enhanced on the computer to improve diagnostic accuracy.
- Images are stored electronically and can be emailed to specialists or insurance companies.
Oral cancer is the very deadly because it is often only found in late stages. Early detection of oral cancer has a much better survival rate. Dr. Nugent utilizes the Velscope to aid in the detection of oral cancer. It is quick and painless. The Velscope shines a powerful blue light through the tissue. The tissue reflects the light back. Any changes underneath the tissue show up as dark areas. Early detection is key to survival when dealing with oral cancer.
Dr. Nugent has trained exclusively with dental loupes. A loupe (pronounced loop), is a magnification device used to see things more closely. Let’s face it teeth are small and wouldn’t you like your dentist to be able to see things better? Dentistry deals in tenths of millimeter measurements when doing fillings or crowns. Dental magnification allows Dr. Nugent to better examine and work on your teeth. You want your dentist to be able to see what they are doing.
Laser Cavity Detection
Accurately diagnosing small cavities can be very difficult. Stain can mimic small cavities. It is easier to fix cavities when they are small. Dr. Nugent has invested in the ultimate in early cavity detection, the Diagnodent Laser. The diagnodent laser painlessly detects cavities by projecting a stream of light into the tooth enamel. The enamel is a crystal like structure and the light bounces back to the diagnodent laser where it is measured and a numerical value is assigned. No more guessing if a spot is a cavity.
Intra and Extra Oral Cameras
Dr. Nugent loves utilizing his many cameras to show patients the condition of their teeth. It is much easier to take pictures of problem teeth and print out the pictures. Then the patient and Dr. Nugent can review the images and discuss the proper dental care. Dr. Nugent wants you to see what he sees. Utilizing special cameras makes this possible.
Advanced Conebeam Xrays